I received my PhD in computer science from the University of California, Santa Barbara in 2009, where I was a member of the Distributed Systems Lab. My PhD advisor was Professor Amr El Abbadi. From 2009 and 2011, I was a postdoc with Professor Bassam Bamieh at the Center for Control, Dynamical Systems and Computation at UCSB, and from 2011 to 2013, I was a postdoc with Professor Idit Keidar in the Department of Electrical Engineering at the Technion. My research interests are in federated learning, edge and cloud computing, and networked control systems.
- [August 2023] Our paper Flexible Vertical Federated Learning with Heterogeneous Parties has been accepted to IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems. Congratulations Tim!
- [July 2023] We are organizing the Workshop on Federated Learning in the Age of Foundation Models at NeurIPS 2023. Submissions are welcome!
- [June 2023] Our paper “Privacy Tradeoffs in Vertical Federated Learning” received a best paper award at the FLSys Workshop at MLSys 2023. Congratulations Linh!
- [May 2023] Our project “Efficient, Private, and Explainable Federated Learning for Financial Crime Detection” has been selected for funding by CRAFT.
- [April 2023] Our paper LESS-VFL: Communication-Efficient Feature Selection for Vertical Federated Learning has been accepted to ICML 2023. Congratulations Tim!